Sina specialises in servicing clients in the Nigerian oil and gas industry. He has intimate knowledge of the Nigerian oil and gas industry, having directly participated in upstream operations for over eleven (11) years.
He has led various oil and gas engagements including engagements relating to the acquisition of petroleum assets or interest in petroleum assets, acquisition of downstream assets, funding of upstream and downstream operations, structuring and constitution of venture arrangements, sale and purchase of natural gas, and review of proposed industry-related policy or legislation.
He has also liaised extensively with numerous government departments and regulatory agencies in the oil and gas industry, both as an industry player and on behalf of several clients.
Sina also routinely provides sundry legal, regulatory, business advisory and transaction support services to clients in diverse industries.
He currently splits his time between Ikeyi and Arifayan and Sunlink Petroleum Limited, an indigenous exploration and production company where he serves as the Chief Operating Officer.
Representative matters in which Sina has been involved include providing advisory and transaction support to–
- Energy group with diverse interests in the oil and gas industry: on various upstream, midstream and downstream transactions in Nigeria and other African countries.
- Several upstream clients: on the acquisition of participating interest in divested JV assets, marginal assets and other upstream assets.
- Multinational company with interest in diverse sectors of the Nigerian economy: on compliance of its oil and gas business with the local content law in Nigeria.
- Nigerian National Petroleum Corporation: on the corporate and strategic restructuring of its exploration and production subsidiary.
- Various clients, including leading multinational oil and gas service company: on the restructuring and capitalisation of their respective businesses.
- Multinational oil company: on entry options into Nigeria’s downstream market.
- Facility for Oil Sector Transparency in Nigeria (FOSTER): on the proposed Petroleum Industry Bill.
- Lagos Ministry of Energy and Mineral Resources: in developing its draft “Renewable Energy Policy”.
- Energy & Utilities
- Corporate and Investment
- Honorary Fellow, Association of Fellows and Legal Scholars, Center for International Legal Studies, Austria
University of Lagos: LL.B.
Nigerian Law School: BL.
Cambridge Judge Business School: MBA