Kenechi leads Ikeyi & Arifayan’s Financial Services, Private Equity, and Mergers and Acquisitions practices. She has advised, on both the buy and sell sides, on several private equity and other cross-border and local investment transactions with cumulative value in excess of US$5.5 billion. She has also led several acquisition engagements from preliminary deal structuring through to post-completion support. She regularly advises and provides support on corporate finance and project finance transactions.
Kenechi has led the firm’s corporate and investments team on significant transactions in matters ranging from corporate restructuring, contract structuring or restructuring, to acquisition and divestment structuring. She provides routine general commercial and corporate law services including start up support services and advisory services on infrastructure project transactions including real estate. Her financing experience includes the healthcare, real estate and agricultural sectors where she has advised on investment in, and acquisition of, several companies in both industries.
Representative matters in which Kenechi has been involved include providing advisory and transaction support to–
- Indigenous petroleum and marine company: on acquisition (and financing) of the marine operations of an international group of companies with a value in excess of US$1 billion.
- Leading indigenous upstream oil and gas company: on indirect acquisition (and financing) of a controlling stake in a Nigerian E&P company through the cross-border acquisition of companies in various foreign jurisdictions.
- Private equity fund manager: on the establishment of a multi-layered offshore/onshore private equity fund.
- Foreign investor: on the acquisition (and financing) of a super-majority interest in a publicly listed manufacturing company.
- International private equity firm: on its investment in a Nigerian bank.
- A land owner: on the development and financing of a 500-housing unit residential estate with related infrastructure.
- Leading agriculture company: on the unbundling of its business; sale of one business unit; and financing of the other business units.
- Nigerian client: on cross-border investment in a multinational premier provider of high speed broadband internet services in Nigeria.
- Several multinational companies: on the regulatory environment and other key legal issues relevant to doing business in Nigeria.
- Financial Services
- Private Equity
- Mergers and Acquisitions
- Corporate and Investment
- Member, Chartered Institute of Taxation of Nigeria
- Student member, Association of Certified Chartered Accountants, UK
- Member, Nigerian Bar Association
University of Nigeria (“UNN”): LL.B
Nigerian Law School: BL