Chinyere specialises in civil and commercial dispute resolution.
She regularly represents clients in litigation at the trial and appellate courts in matters relating to corporate and commercial transactions, property law, labour and employment, elections, and financial services. She also routinely provides advisory, compliance and transaction support to various clients on labour and employment matters, real estate transactions and business organisation matters.
Chinyere is a chartered arbitrator.
Representative matters in which Chinyere has been involved include–
- Central Bank of Nigeria: representation in numerous shareholder actions following banking sector reforms.
- Indigenous maritime company: representation in dispute relating to the unlawful detention of its vessel.
- Two commercial banks and a manufacturing company: representation in several labour and employment related disputes.
- Nigerian subsidiary of a certification, marine and offshore multinational company: advisory support in employment related obligations.
- Wholly owned subsidiary of a commercial bank: representation in international arbitration proceedings arising from the shareholders’ agreement of a major telecommunications company.
- Nigerian political party: representation in election petitions arising from the 2015 general elections.
- Mexican conglomerate: Legal and transaction support on various operational matters and commercial transactions.
- Publicly traded Nigeria Oil Servicing Company: Legal and transaction support in respect of operational matters.
- Indigenous property companies and several individuals: Legal and transaction support on various real estate acquisitions and disposal
- Dispute Resolution & Litigation
- Real Estate
- Corporate and Investment
- Member, Nigerian Bar Association
- Associate member, Chartered Institute of Arbitrators UK ( Nigerian Branch)
University of Nigeria: LLB.
Nigerian Law School: BL
University of Lagos: LLM