Our team of experienced lawyers deploys a detailed knowledge of the Nigerian legal system and the rapidly evolving Technology, Media and Telecommunications (TMT) industry to provide an extensive range of legal and regulatory services to clients needs in the sector.
Our TMT clients range from startups to the world’s biggest corporations and our expertise extends from the smaller, innovative projects to large and complex cross border transactions.
Our recent experience includes legal and regulatory advice and support:
- on a US$20 million financing, fibre-optic network deployment, content acquisition and regulatory approvals to an IP Backbone company that delivers high-speed Internet, HD voice calls and premium information and entertainment content to businesses and homes in major Nigerian cities;
- on all aspects of the Nigerian operations of two Fortune 100 ICT companies, including structuring and documentation of technology (hardware and software) sale, licensing and support agreements, regulatory liaison and registrations, including with the National Office for Technology Acquisition and Promotion (NOTAP);
- to the Nigerian subsidiary of a global leader in the development and production of electronics technologies for consumer electronics and devices, and enterprise solutions, including on type approvals with the Nigerian Communications Commission;
- to a publicly listed Nigerian provider of ICT infrastructure hardware, as well as software, cloud, communications and managed services to clients in banking, insurance, telecommunications, oil & gas and government in Nigeria, and across West and East Africa;
- on the design, financing and deployment of a cellular network to serve rural communities in Nigeria; and
- to a fixed wireless telephone operator in Nigeria on licensing and contract negotiation for acquisition and installation of rollout equipment.