We advise on domestic and cross-border M&A transactions. With a team of M&A experts knowledgeable in various industries and sectors, we are able to constantly ensure value on every engagement. We understand the complexity and peculiarity of every M&A transaction and provide innovative and pragmatic solutions to suit our clients needs.
We work to consistently deliver excellence on every transaction we are engaged on irrespective of the size.
Our role in this regard includes:
- Due diligence or conduct of preparatory due diligence
- Transaction/deal structuring
- Preparation, review and negotiation of transaction documents
- Regulatory liaison
- Post transaction support
Highlights of our experience
We have advised and are representing clients in connection with various cross border and domestic M&A deals and have provided below a summary of our relevant experience
- Provision of transaction support and legal advisory services to an international PE firm on its investment in a bank in Nigeria.
- Advised on the acquisition of a super-majority interest in a publicly listed manufacturing company in Nigeria.
- Engaged to advise on the acquisition of an international group of companies in the marine industry.
Advised one of Nigeria’s indigenous leading oil and gas companies on the acquisition of a foreign oil and gas services company.
- Advised one of Nigeria’s indigenous leading oil and gas companies on the indirect acquisition of controlling stake in a Nigerian E&P company through the cross-border acquisition of companies in various foreign jurisdictions.
- Provided transaction support services and advisory services to an integrated power solutions company on its acquisition of a wholly owned subsidiary of a publicly listed and leading integrated energy company in Nigeria.
- Provision of legal advisory and transaction support services to a real estate consulting group on the acquisition of a majority stake in a public limited liability company.
- Provided legal advisory and transaction support services to an investment firm on the acquisition of three non-core subsidiaries of a Nigerian bank.
- Provision of transaction support services to a PE Fund with focus on agri-business on the acquisition of a majority stake in an agro-allied company.
- Advised a potential purchaser on the acquisition of a majority interest in an insurance company listed on the Nigerian Stock Exchange.
- Advised a consortium on its proposed acquisition of a deposit money bank from the Asset Management Corporation of Nigeria.
- Advising a PE Fund on a potential co-investment in the acquisition of an engineering and power services company in Nigeria.
- Advised a multi-media telecommunications operator offering premium access and content services over high-speed fibre optic data connection on a quasi-equity investment by a PE Fund.
- Advised a provider of integrated energy solutions on the acquisition of various target companies.
- Advised the investment arm of an international bank seeking to invest in one of the largest information, communication and technology group of companies in West Africa.
- Advising a leading retail and real estate company in Nigeria on a proposed PE capital investment in the business.